Roland is a founding partner of Middleton Shrull & Bock, LLC. Since 1990, when the firm was founded, Roland has devoted his time and energy to advising importers, exporters and trade service providers on a wide variety of matters relating to international trade law.
Roland earned his juris doctorate degree from the New England School of Law in 1986. Both before and during law school, and for a total of 14 years, Roland served with the Customs Service (now U.S. Customs and Border Protection) as a Customs Inspector in Montreal and Boston and as a Special Agent in Boston. Prior to joining the Customs Service, Roland completed a bachelor’s degree from St. Anselm College in 1973.
Roland is admitted to practice law in Massachusetts.
Roland is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Coalition of New England Companies for Trade, the British-American Chamber of Commerce, the New England-Canada Business Council and the French American Chamber of Commerce – New England.
• J.D. New England School of Law (1986)
• B.A. St. Anselm College (1973)
Matthew is a Partner at Middleton Shrull & Bock, LLC, where he is exclusively committed to representing clients in all aspects of customs and international trade law and import/export regulatory compliance. Matthew was previously a member of a customs and international trade law firm in Dallas, TX, and Ernst and Young’s Global Trade practice in Dallas and Houston, TX.
Matthew earned his juris doctorate degree from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, and a master of laws degree (LL.M.) in International Economic Law from the University of London – School Of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS). Matthew also obtained a bachelor’s degree in Multinational Business Operations from Florida State University.
Matthew is a licensed customs broker and is admitted to practice law in Massachusetts, New York and the U.S. Court of International Trade.
In addition to serving on the Board of Directors of the New England chapter of the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) and the Coalition of New England Companies for Trade (CONECT), Matthew is a member of the Customs and International Trade Bar Association (CITBA), the French American Chamber of Commerce – New England (FACCNE) and New York (FACCNY), and the New England Council (NEC), where he is a member of the Trade Comittee.
Matthew was named a “Super Lawyers New England Rising Star” for International Law in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
• LL.M. University of London – SOAS
• J.D. Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
• B.S. Florida State University
Speaking Engagements and Seminars:
• Massachusetts Export Center, Mass Export Expo – “FTA Compliance – Understanding the Rules of Origin and Origin Certification Requirements” – December 2015
• Coalition of New England Companies for Trade (CONECT), Trade and Transportation Conference – “Riding the Corporate Ethics and Compliance Program Wave” – April 2016
• McLane Middleton, Global Business Forum – “Regulatory Hurdles for the International Business” – September 2016
• Massachusetts Export Center – “Essentials of Harmonized Tariff Classification and Free Trade Agreement Compliance” – UMass Lowell Innovation Hub (iHub) – October 2016
• Boston Business Globalization Forum – “International Trade Controls” – November 2016
• Global Business Alliance of New England, Inc. (GBANE), International Business Forum and Networking Night – “The Impact of Moving Goods, People and Capital in the Global Economy, Compliance and Customs Issues” – February 2017
• Bryant University, The Chafee Center for International Business – World Trade Day 2017 – Panel Member, “An Update on U.S. Import Policies: Facilitation Versus Enforcement” – May 2017
• Bryant University, The Chafee Center for International Business – Instructor, “Export Compliance Management Program” – June 2017
• Massachusetts Export Center – “Export Classification, Valuation and Documentation” – UMass Dartmouth Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship – October 2017
Peter was a founding partner of Middleton Shrull & Bock, LLC and is now Of Counsel with the firm. Since 1990, when the firm was founded, Peter has focused his practice on all aspects of customs law.
Peter earned his juris doctorate degree from Suffolk University Law School in 1978, his MBA from Suffolk University School of Management in 1982 and his bachelor’s degree from Tufts University in 1969. Prior to founding Middleton Shrull & Bock, LLC, Peter served for 7 years as a Customs Import Specialist with the Customs Service (now U.S. Customs and Border Protection) in Boston.
Peter is a licensed customs broker and is admitted to practice law in Massachusetts and the U.S. Court of International Trade.
Peter is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the American Society for Legal History.
• MBA Suffolk University School of Management (1982)
• J.D. Suffolk University Law School (1978)
• B.A. Tufts University (1969)